Tuesday, March 3, 2015

How Complicated is the Choice?

“Eagerly pursue and seek to acquire [this] love [make it your aim, your great quest];”
I Corinthians 14:1a (Amplified)
 
 
You stop for the red light.
A homeless man holds a sign.
“Please help- I am hungry.”
You are already late for your next appointment.
What motivates your choice to stop and help or to speed off when the light turns green?
Your boss calls you into his office.
His offer seems too good to be true.
And it is.
The promotion comes with doubled workloads on a plate already overflowing.
Your wife is beyond stressed with the weight at home and your added ‘away time’ won’t help.
What motivates your choice to say “Yes” to boss or “Yes” to wife?
You write the next scenario.
I believe you can.
Life always gives us choices between choosing love or…
…or our schedule, our career, money, power, prestige, and (as they say) the list goes on and on and on….
Walk through today with your eyes wide open.
What are the choices I am faced with?
Based on those choices, what motivates my decisions?
Is it God’s love?
Would my choice put a smile on Gods’ face?
Would I choose something far, far less than that?
I know what you’re thinking – “It’s more complicated than that.”
Is it…

No comments: