Thursday, March 12, 2015

Don’t Be Silent When it is Time to Speak

“On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord.
When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy.
They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
Acts 13:44-45
 
 
The WHOLE city gathered to hear the Word of the Lord.
The Word of the Lord that Paul was sharing was Good News not bad.
I don’t know about you but I enjoy hearing good news.
If someone said to me: “I have some good news and some bad news” I think I would ask to hear the good news first in order that it might buoy me up when I receive the bad news.
Paul gathered a crowd with Good News.
But rather than hear what was being said there were those who were jealous and became critical and contradictory instead.
There will always be naysayers.
Those who feel it is their role to rain on everyone else’s parade.
Those who contradicted and abused the Apostle Paul did so, not because of any error being spoken but, purely out of jealousy.
At a time when there was good reason for rejoicing the enemy brought divisiveness instead. Perhaps God has given you a platform from which you may speak.
Perhaps He has brought you a captive audience.
Don’t’ let those who would contradict and abuse stop you from speaking what God has placed in you to speak.
If that were the case I am reminded of the old saying –
“Silence isn’t golden, it’s yellow!”
There is a time to be silent but there is also a time when it is obedience that demands you speak.
Learn to know and understand the difference between the two and when God releases you to speak as He did with Paul don’t let anyone stop you.
This posting today is a little off topic from earlier in the week but I pray it ministers to someone who needs to hear it.
Be encouraged in the Lord!
 
 
 

No comments: