Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Forgive

“Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
Colossians 3:13
 
 
 
Has someone offended or hurt you recently?
Are you tempted to get even?
At one time or another we have all been hurt and we have all tried to take matters into our own hands.
Forgiveness takes those issues out of our hands and places them in Gods’
That is where they belong.
Holding forgiveness is more than just unhealthy.
It is downright dangerous!
Few scriptures carry a more sobering warning than this –
“But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
Matthew 6:15
That’s one of those verses we wish wasn’t in there.
But it is, and it points to how important our forgiving others matters to God.
It is immensely easy to build walls of unforgiveness in our life.
Not so easy though to demolish what we have constructed.
When it comes to unforgiveness it is best to leave that construction career behind.
Are you ready to demolish those walls?
Father:
Reveal to me any I have refused to forgive.
I ask that you help me to place them in your hands.
I forgive them.
No longing holding the grudges, hurts and offenses I have nursed for so long.
As I forgive them I ask that you forgive me for my disobedience in holding on to those offenses.
In Jesus Name
Amen!
 

No comments: