Monday, November 17, 2014

Without the Parts We do not Have the Whole

“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”
I Corinthians 12:27
 
 

 
Several years ago one of our overhead garage door springs broke.
I was in a hurry one morning and as I went to close the door manually I paid no attention to where my right hand was on the door and began lowering the door.
Well my middle finger was in one of the door panel cracks and as it came down that crack closed on my finger and broke the tip.
Yes it hurt!
But the reality of how much that unassuming right middle little fingertip did for me in the course of a day hit home.
It was a ‘tiny member’ but everything I did seemed to be impacted by it.
At least that’s what the pain screamed to me every time I tried to us it.
Eventually it healed but the lesson learned for me in the process is that every part of the Body of Christ is essential and one part is not functioning as it should, we all suffer.
If you are a believer you cannot, you must not go through your journey with Christ alone.
No just for the results it can have in your life but also for the impact it will have on the Body of Christ.
We need you.
As part of the local church at His Place  I would encourage you that we need you to grow with us. Without that commitment on your part, to us, we will not make the impact for the Kingdom we are called to.
That’s a pretty strong statement but it is true.
We need you!
The same applies to anyone reading this who may not call His Place your home church.
Whatever local body of believers you call home needs your commitment to them in order to impact the world for Christ.
God never called you to do it alone.
He called us to reach the world.
The Great Commission commissioned a people, not just a person!
 
 

No comments: