Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Lot of Questions to Ask

“After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield, your very great reward.”
Genesis 15:1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today’s blog post builds on yesterday’s.
 
Head love asks a lot of questions.
Questions like:
What’s in it for me?
What do I have to give up?
What is the easiest path to victory?
How can I avoid any discomfort and pain?
Heart love also asks a lot of questions.
Questions like:
How can I be a blessing to others?
What use of my time will allow me the greatest opportunity to minister to others?
How can I be a more effective witness and servant for Christ?
Do you see the difference?
One is very inward focused while the other is Christ centered.
Heart love cannot truly be experienced or shared apart from a relationship with the Holy Spirit.
Head love offers many options – many ways of making it easier on oneself.
Heart love leaves us with but one option – obedience.
Don’t misunderstand though.
Heart love has great rewards.
None greater than Jesus Christ Himself.
Head love offers nothing remotely close to that!
 
 

No comments: