Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Minds Made Up

“Test me, Lord, and try me,
    examine my heart and my mind;”
Psalm 26:2
 

 “My minds made up
My heart is fixed
I’m going with Jesus all the way
Well my minds made up and my heart is fixed
And I’m going with Jesus all the way!”
 
So goes a chorus from years ago.
The statement it makes is certainly still relevant today.
So, is your mind made up?
Is your heart fixed?
But wait just a minute…how many times in a week – no let’s make that in an hour – do you change your mind?
Be honest now.
We all make decisions only to change our mind and change our decisions.
So a more apt question might be:
Why do you change your mind?
A few years back there were those plastic bracelets with the abbreviation
WWJD
which stood for “What Would Jesus Do”
I know they became so common as to almost become cliché but wouldn’t it be great if all of our motivations in changing our mind was in response to that question filtering our thoughts?
My mind will dwell on whatever I feed it.
It doesn’t push back if all my thoughts are negative and it doesn’t push back if all my thoughts are positive.
It simply feeds on what I give it.
So how about a filter for my thoughts:
“What would Jesus do?”
Or perhaps more accurately:
What would Jesus think about?”
Think about it!
 
 

No comments: