Monday, October 29, 2012

I’m Not Paranoid, My Enemy is Real!

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a
roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
I Peter 5:8





I’m not paranoid, my enemy is real!
But there’s good news…
…while the enemy of my soul is real the lover of my soul has defeated him.
The devil does not hold a pitchfork, wear red tights and have horns.
He is not a cartoon character but very real.
Sometimes we do well to be reminded, as we were this past Sunday morning that, we are in a fight and there is a very real enemy stalking us. 
He is out to steal, kill and destroy.
But there’s good news…
I John 4:4 tells us “…the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”
 The enemy is a deceiver and often subtle in his attempts to draw me away from the Savior.
In his desire to harm you and I, he touches the Apple of God’s eye.
But there’s good news…
“My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all;
no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” John 10:29
As a matter of fact, we could go on and on with the encouragements of God’s word that remind us that while our enemy is real, he is no match for the Father!
 (or the Son and the Holy Spirit for that matter!)
I’m too old to remember the protective arms of my earthly father but each and every day we can know those protecting and loving arms of the heavenly Father wrapping Himself  around us in an embrace that no forces inside or outside of hell can break.
Understand that the enemy is real, but we need never fear him as long as we remain in under the wings and in the arms of our heavenly Father.
That secret place was secured for us by the Son!

No comments: