Monday, October 8, 2012

Here Comes the Bride…Again!

“and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,”
Revelation 1:5



Here comes the bride…
Here comes the bride…
Here comes the bride…
Here comes the bride…
Here comes the bride…
This is beginning to sound like a broken record, what’s going on here?
Well, imagine if every time you and your spouse had a disagreement
it was necessary to get married all over again.
Why would you do such a silly thing?
Perhaps, if you failed to understand the difference between broken fellowship and a broken covenant you would fall into such a fruitless pattern.
What we, as believers, need to know is that sin doesn’t destroy your covenant with God.
It does however; break your fellowship with Him.
In the same way that an argument can send my wife and I to separate corners of the house where we ‘stew’ instead of repent; my sin ‘separates’ me from God.
It is as if I go to the opposite end of the house from where God is (if that were even possible).  
I remain alienated from the intimate fellowship that is mine through Christ because I choose not to confess my sin, repent and be restored.
During that time I do not cease to be a child of God.
 I am a saint who has sinned.
I do not need to be “born-again-again” anymore than the couple who need not get married all over again following a spat.
This does not minimize sin; it magnifies the grace of God!   
Are you in time out – so to speak?
Is the fellowship broken through un-confessed sin in your life?
Bring it to God – confess and repent and be restored in fellowship with the Lord!

No comments: