Thursday, January 21, 2021

Appointments or dis-?

 

“For this is contained in Scripture:

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a chosen stone, a precious (honored) Cornerstone, And he who believes in Him [whoever adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him]

will never be disappointed [in his expectations].”

I Peter 2:6 Amplified

 



We are given a definition of the word disappointment to mean:

‘defeated in expectation or hope.’

Have you ever been there?

Maybe you are there now.

Truth is, whether currently or in the past, every one of us would be guilty of lying if we claimed never to have been disappointed.

But follow me on this -

The prefix dis in the evolution of the word came from the French word dessapointer which meant to undo an appointment or to deprive of an appointment.

So when you and I are disappointed in life I think it is more than fair to ask ourselves this:

Have I been guilty of undoing or depriving myself of my appointments with God?

Has my time with Him fallen by the wayside of busyness or to concerns in other areas of life?

If I might suggest: take away the dis- and keep your appointments with God.

Don’t be guilty of undoing or depriving yourself of time with the Lord.

Do you want to eliminate disappointment?

Then keep your appointment!

Remember the words of I Peter 2:6 which I will repeat in part in closing.

“And he who believes in Him [whoever adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him]

will never be disappointed [in his expectations].”

We cultivate that trust, reliance and adherence in Him by keeping those appointments.

 

 

No comments: