Monday, October 23, 2017

One Day at a Time?


“We did not give in to them for a moment,

so that the truth of the gospel might be preserved for you.”

Galatians 2:5



One day at a time?

How about one moment at a time?

With all due respect to the song writer who penned these words –

“One day at a time, sweet Jesus, that’s all I’m asking from you.”

I have to sing a different tune.

“...moment-by-moment new mercies I see.”

A 24 hour block of temptation is just too much for me.

I can get into trouble way faster than that!

I don’t know about you but I need a moment-by-moment walk with the Lord.

Think about it this way – twenty-four hours equals one thousand four hundred and forty  minutes which equals eighty-six thousand four hundred seconds.

Eighty six thousand and four hundred seconds!

That’s a lot of opportunities to lose my focus and turn my attention away.

Nope, it’s got to be one moment at a time for me.

When we learn to live in the moment with our walk with the Lord instead of one day at a time we are given the chance to stop and linger in His presence.

We need not wait until the end of the day or the start of a new one to ask for His mercy and receive the grace we need to make it through the moment we are facing.

Call me weak if you want but I choose the moment over the day.

Moment-by-moment!




No comments: