Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Battle of the ‘I wills’


“Simon replied, “Master, we worked hard all night [to the point of exhaustion] and caught nothing [in our nets],

but at Your word I will [do as you say and] lower the nets [again].”

Luke 5:5

You said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.

Isaiah 14:13





The will.

It can be submitted or it can be in rebellion.

The verses above give us examples of both.

Peter, beyond his own reasoning and human skills submitted to the will of the Son of God.

The devil, in outward rebellion declares his defiance of God in heaven.

They both said ‘I will.’

Peter’s obedience brought an immediate miraculous catch of fish as well as a lesson on evangelism for him and for us.

The devils’ ‘I will’ brought the worst imaginable punishment, eternal removal from the presence of God.

Remember, too, that hell was created for the devil and those angels that rebelled with him.

His ‘I will’ impacted so many others.

Today the world is full of ‘I wills’ that will impact many lives.

Some for good and some for evil.

I will have this abortion, it’s my body and my choice.

I will shoot that cop, its’ my way of getting even.

I will do as you say Lord and love my enemies.

Lord, I will stand for righteousness.

What is your ‘I will’ declaring today?






No comments: