Friday, July 22, 2016

Look No Further Than Today



Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:34)

Recently God has been reminding me of this verse on almost a daily basis.  As my day gets crowded and stressful, He gently reminds me to focus on today and not to worry about tomorrow.

When I do, the weight is lifted from my heart, my mind is filled with peace and I’m reenergized to continue on with my day.

There’s much wisdom in the above verse.  We are not designed to carry our tomorrows.  The load is too great.  Only God is able to carry our tomorrows.

Instead, we are designed to walk with God moment by moment and rely totally on His provision day by day.

That’s why Jesus taught His disciples to pray “give us this day our daily bread.” (Matthew 6:11)

God’s power and provision is in our today, in our tomorrow, and in our next week, but He chooses to gives us what we need day by day.

So the next time you are tempted to worry about tomorrow, choose to look no further than today.

In your today, you will find God has already provided everything you need.

No comments: