Wednesday, October 14, 2015

What’s in a Name?

“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,”
Philippians 2:9
 
 
How powerful is the name of the Lord?
Powerful enough that one day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!
Now maybe you have just stumbled onto this blog post and as you read these words you are vehemently disagreeing with them.
Perhaps you are offended by the truth I have presented.
There are some who attempt to rewrite history to make it fit their particular beliefs.
The truth is we can revise what we write about the past but we cannot change history.
Neither can we change the truth.
Denying it does not change it any more than denying that the holocaust occurred somehow wipes it from history’s record.  
I am always amazed at how offensive the name of Jesus Christ is to so many that they would try to block it from any public discourse.
Would a name void of any power wield such impact?
One day the power of His name will be evident to saint and skeptic alike.
God loves the saint but He also loves the skeptic.
It is His desire that the power of His name and the power of His love become real to all.
How does that happen?
It happens when His people demonstrate His love and the power of His name.
Lord:
Use me today to be that demonstration.
Not of hate, but of love.
Not of compromise but to live the truth in love before my neighbor, my friends and my enemies.
I can do this through your strength and the power of your Holy Spirit at work in me to make know your name and the power of your name.
So I pray and ask this in that powerful name of Jesus Christ!
Amen

No comments: