Friday, October 16, 2015

What Drives You?

Today's blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened [by religious rituals that provide no peace], and I will give you rest [refreshing your souls with salvation]. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me [following Me as My disciple], for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest (renewal, blessed quiet) for your souls. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

What drives you to do the things you do?

Is it your search for acceptance?

Is it your search for approval?

Is it your striving for accomplishments?

If your answer to any of these is yes, then God has one answer for you – rest!

Your soul was designed to rest, but apart from Jesus, it can’t. Only when you surrender to Jesus and chose to allow Him lead you will you find rest.

There’s very little rest in the church today.  Many churches are filled with tired and weary Christians who never feel like they measure up.

If that’s how you feel, God is calling you to stop striving and pick up His yoke of eternal love and acceptance.

How do you do that?  Ask the Lord to show you what motivates you.  Then, use the litmus test – do I do it for Jesus or myself?  Is my motivation for doing things to be accepted and approved by man or God?

If your motivation is to gain man’s approval, you will never be satisfied.  The approval of man will always demand more.

If your motivation is to be accepted and approved by God, then you can rest in the fact that it was accomplished at salvation.  At your rebirth, God sealed you with His Holy Spirit and marked you as His.  You will never me more accepted and loved than you already are.

So, what’s driving you?

No comments: