Monday, August 31, 2015

Love That Surpasses Knowledge

“and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—
that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
Ephesians 3:19
 
How can you know something that surpasses knowledge?
Isn’t that difficult if not impossible?
I mean if it surpasses knowledge it tells me that it is a love greater
than knowledge is able to comprehend.
So again, if that’s true, how can you know this love?
We begin to know it as our spirit is made alive in Christ Jesus.
It is known not through study but through communion.
It is by that intimate walk with God that we come to know His love.
I remind myself of this truth by looking at the first part of the word: knowledge.
It reminds me that it is more than head knowledge (or as some might say book knowledge).
I could have a library that rivaled any on the earth but not one of those books could come close to helping me know the love of God that flooded my spirit when I invited Him into my life.
May we all continue to grow in our knowledge of that love
 through our courtship with Him who is love!

No comments: