Monday, August 3, 2015

An Invisible Kingdom Made Visible

“Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
Luke 10:9
 
I think you would have to agree that to someone with no spiritual sight it is difficult to see an invisible God and His Kingdom.
That is where you and I come into play.
With our words, deeds, actions, in fact with our entire lives we are – as visible creatures – to make the invisible evident.
We are to live in such a way that those outside the Kingdom can see into it.
Beyond just merely peering into it, as salt and light we are able to make them desire it.
A bit of personal testimony here –
I cannot tell you what scriptures were spoken the night I surrendered my heart to the Lord in June of 1974.
I can tell you that I saw in those who brought the message a love and a peace I had not known.
I saw in their lives something I desired.
The truth is (I know it now but didn’t grasp it then) when anyone is confronted with the love of God it is difficult to turn back.
You see, their lives made evident the invisible Kingdom to me.
Did I have the understanding then that I have today?
Of course not!
But I had the Kingdom made real to me as never before and that night I became a citizen of an invisible Kingdom.
Jesus came to earth and made the invisible evident to all.
We are called to no less.
May the unbeliever have no option but to say:
We believe that the Kingdom of God is here among us!

No comments: