Friday, November 30, 2012

The Runt of the Litter

 “But Lord,” Gideon asked, “how can I save Israel? My clan is the
weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.”
Judges 6:15



The anointing of God will supernaturally enable you to do what you would not be able to do in your own strength and ability.
And if you are going to join God in His work, whether in the local body of Christ here at
 His Place” or wherever you fellowship; then you will need to expand your expectation of Gods’ ability working through you.
The: “I can’t, I can’t, I can’t whine” 
will need to be replaced by the confident declaration of Philippians 4:13:
“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”
 Gideon certainly found this to be true.
He was the runt of the litter in a litter of runts!
At least that seems to be the mindset he held (as noted in our passage above) before
 God’s anointing. But, God was true to His word (no surprise there!) and
the runt, under the anointing, defeated the Midianites.
So what is the task God has called you to?
Is it to the Office of an Evangelist?
Has He called you to the mission field?
Are you being led to write a book?
Maybe you look at these things and say –
“I could never do that, but I know many others who could!” 
Here’s the thing though, many others could do these things - in their own strength - and that would be precisely why God has called you – to do it in His strength and anointing and not your own. 
How different might the world be if it were filled with people who truly
believed God and did what He anointed them to do?
Let me rephrase that question –
How different might your world be if you truly believed
God and did what He has anointed you to do?

No comments: