Monday, November 12, 2012

“Dreams From My Father”

 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper
you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:13



Last Tuesday, here in the United States, we elected President Barack Obama to a second term.
Some, in the past, have referred to the person occupying that office
 as the most powerful man in the world. 
Before his election, the President had written a book titled: “Dreams From My Father”.
One might assume the dreams that the President holds from his father would then have opportunity to powerfully impact the nation that he leads. While that may hold some truth, I would suggest that one single believer, surrendered in total to the dreams of His heavenly Father for his life wields far greater power to change the earth than any political office holder.
Am I seeking to minimize the impact of our leaders?
No, not at all!
Instead, I want us to understand how God can change the face of the earth when one man or one woman says: “God use me to fulfill your purposes for my life and not my own.”
Those are the ‘dreams from my Father’ that can change the world for good!
What dreams?
God doesn’t dream, he doesn’t even sleep!
Call them His plans, call them His vision, call them His purpose: God created each and every person with purpose, and He ‘dreams’ for them good things!
He ‘dreams’ for them His purposes fulfilled. 
So the next time you hear that expression or that titles mentioned, here is what I would challenge you with today:
Ask God to reveal His dreams to you for your life.
Ask Him to show you in His word the great and mighty things made available to you through His Son Jesus Christ and commit to fulfill, with His Holy Spirit inside you,
the dreams from your heavenly Father!

No comments: