Wednesday, June 13, 2012

“I will help you…”

“So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10

Do you know that there is a love for you that is greater than any fear you will ever experience?
I know, it sounds too good to be true but it is true!
Gods love is demonstrated in the verse above with five tangible promises that we can hold on to in the toughest of times.
First- God says, “I am with you!”
Second – He declares to us, “I am your God!”
Third- The promise He gives is, “I will strengthen you!”
Fourth – We have His assurance, “I will help you!”
Fifth – Confidently we know that He says, “I will uphold you!”
Its’ settled then – when that promise is deposited in our spirit we can, as David said, “Walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death…” with full knowledge that God is with us and if God be for us who can be against us?

Many years ago my wife and I were at a point of making a decision and we needed to know the will of God concerning it. When we prayed He spoke one portion of that promise to us. He said simply: “I will help you.”
Maybe you think I was jumping up and down with joy at that word but I wasn’t. I remember saying to God – “I need more.”
His answer to me was in the form of a question but so firm I knew I had all that I needed.
He simply responded –
“Really, you need something more than the help given from the Creator of Heaven and Earth?”
That ended that conversation because I knew He was with us and would be with us.
He has.
And He will be with you too as you trust Him!

No comments: