Thursday, November 29, 2018

Maybe it’s Time to Shout


“When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout,

“Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

Mark 10:47





Previously we asked:

So how do we silence the noisemakers in our lives?

We said that the story of blind Bartimeaus in Mark 10 offered insights and that step 1 was to know who Jesus is.

Bartimaeus released what was in his heart –

He cried out....

This was no whisper or polite invitation.

He was yelling to get Jesus ‘attention.

He was desperate and was not about to let this moment pass him by.

Have you ever been so desperate that you literally cried out or shouted to God?

I am not talking about being persistent in prayer – as good as that might be.

I suspect Bartimaeus was shouting at the top of his lungs, determined that as loud as the crowd around Jesus might have been, he would be louder.

That’s’ the desperation I am speaking of.

You think maybe sometimes we can be too polite for God?

Forgive me, but I think we can be.

I am not saying we need to be rude or crude but desperation often throws decorum out the window, don’t you think?

Do you find yourself in a hard place?

It may be time to release what is in your heart to God.

Don’t hold back.

He has big shoulders and can handle it!




No comments: