Monday, November 5, 2018

I Expect a....?


“For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth.”

Psalm 71:5



 


Many years ago there was a televangelist and one of his common taglines was:

“I expect a miracle!”

He was ridiculed at times for this statement but honestly what would be wrong with that expectation?

Wouldn’t that be a great frame of mind to live in?

Expecting God to supernaturally intervene in the affairs of man and in so doing bring honor and glory to His name.

What’s the alternative?

I expect a humdrum existence

Or

I expect nothing but ordinary

Or

Even worse - I expect gloom, despair and agony on me!

So what are your expectations?

They will drive your actions, reactions and behaviors.

Abraham, for instance, did not waver at the promises of God through unbelief but was persuaded that what He had promised He was able also to perform!

Is that your expectation too?

Do you believe that God is willing and able to keep His promises to you?

Do you live with that expectation?

Let me challenge you today to examine and course correct those expectations that fall short of all God has for you.

You won’t be disappointed.




No comments: