Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Love Knows


“...for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.” (KJV)

Psalm 38:2b





Many in today’s culture talk about knowing god.

That’s right – small ‘g’ because the god they often speak of is not God.

We know God through His Word.

We can ‘see’ God through His creation too but to grow in our knowledge of Him we must know His word.

After 39+ years of marriage I can pretty accurately predict my wife’s response to most anything.

Why?

Because I have spent all that time getting to know her!

I know what she likes and what she doesn’t like.

I know what her ideal vacation is and what she is afraid of.

I know the shout that is calling me to kill a spider and the tears that come from happiness.

God desires that we grow in our love and knowledge of Him.

That cannot happen apart from His Word.

Spend some time there today – won’t you? 











No comments: