Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Worthy Trust


“Because the Lord revealed their plot to me, I knew it, for at that time he showed me what they were doing. I had been like a gentle lamb led to the slaughter; I did not realize that they had plotted against me, saying,

“Let us destroy the tree and its fruit;

    let us cut him off from the land of the living,

    that his name be remembered no more.”

But you, Lord Almighty, who judge righteously

    and test the heart and mind,

let me see your vengeance on them,

    for to you I have committed my cause.”

Jeremiah 11:18-20








How does God rescue those who trust in Him?

In many different ways!

In the verses above we find that God reveals a plot to Jeremiah the Prophet to kill him by the people of his own hometown.

Talk about a ‘Welcome Home’ party!

We are not told how this was revealed to Jeremiah but we are told that, once revealed, the prophet continued to have trust that God would protect him.

Sometimes we trust God...up to a point.

We trust Him to speak or we trust Him to provide but when our actual lives are put in the line – does that become the point to far for trust?

Not in Jeremiah’s case.

He would continue to trust that God would protect him.

Would you?

Or

Does your trust have a ‘breaking point’ where you and God part ways?

Something to consider when you consider your level of trust.

Maybe it will never reach that point but what if it did?

He is worthy of our trust and capable of protecting you just as He protected Jeremiah!

No comments: