Monday, January 22, 2018

Love and Knowledge


“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.”

Ephesians 1:17






In my early teen years there was a song by Bobby Vinton with lyrics that went something like this –

To know, know, know you

Is to love, love, love you

And I do, and I do, and I do

I thought of those words recently as we were taught about growing in our love for God.

We grow in our love for God as we grow in our knowledge of God.

Jesus once said:

“Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God,

and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”

John 17:3

As I consider those words I can’t help but think that God made us eternal beings because it will take eternity to know Him.

Indeed, to know Him is to love Him!

Often people will ask: “How can you love a God who ____________?”

They then fill in the blank with something for which they are ready to blame God.

But what it really reveals is that they do not know God.

God is love.

He not only is love but is motivated by that love.

It is who He is and it informs all of His actions toward us.

He not only is love but is motivated by that love.

Get to know the lover of your soul.


No comments: