Tuesday, September 13, 2016

People Pleaser or Servant of God?


“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God?

Or am I trying to please people?

If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

Galatians 1:10





A servant of God will serve Christ.

If He is a true servant, his loyalty is to Christ and not to man.

This does not mean that our actions will not sometimes please men.

It does mean though, that our actions should never please man at the expense of God.

Some great questions for self-examination to ask would be these:

Whose approval do I seek?

Does this action or decision on my part please God or is it only meant to please those around me?

Do I want peace with God or am I seeking peace at any price?

So often we set aside peace with God to have peace with man.

We seek and receive the approval of others while pushing God away from us.

We know that Gods’ approval will upset the apple cart in our lives so we opt for the road of ‘no conflict’.

In so doing we make others ‘happy’ but turn our back on the one we call Lord!

Be aware of the fact that we all seek affirmation, but be equally aware that that need can sometimes lead you away from the arms of a faithful God and into the arms of fickle men.

No comments: