Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Standing In Good Company

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then…”
Ephesians 6:13-14a
 

Did you know that when you put on the full armor of God and
stand firm that you are standing in very good company?
What do I mean?
Take a look at these scriptures:
 
Psalm 33:11
“But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever,
    the purposes of his heart through all generations.”
Psalm 89:2
“I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
    that you have established your faithfulness in heaven itself.”
 
So as I stand firm in the Lord it is as if I am shoulder to shoulder
with His purposes and His love!
I suppose there are lots of things you and I could surround ourselves with but how about having His purposes on one side and His love on the other.
What a three-stranded cord that is!
But there is even more…
 
Exodus 14:13
“Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.”
 
I can see His deliverance as I stand firm!
 
So dumb question –
Why wouldn’t you want to put on the full armor of God and stand firm?
?
 
 
 
 

No comments: