Thursday, April 26, 2012

Love Without Fear

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
   God is love. Whoever lives in love, lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
I John 4:16-18


We have been reviewing the purposes of God’s love this week.
             We have said that His love has four primary purposes that include:
That we might be God’s dwelling place on the earth.
That we might receive personal revelation of God.
That we might make a personal declaration to the earth.
Today we look at the purpose of God’s love in removing all forms of fear in our lives.
Is there fear in your life?
I suppose that if we answered honestly most, if not all of us, would have to say yes.
We have known and received Gods’ love, but His love is not yet perfected in us.  
If it were, we would be without fear.
Jesus was without fear.
We find that in Him, the love of the Father was made perfect.
When I am fearful, I am failing to trust that the love of God can keep me in all the struggles and trials of life that I am facing.
I am currently unemployed and looking for work.
I would be dishonest with you if I said that I am never in fear of being able to provide for my family, pay the mortgage, etc…all the things that any one of you would face if you were without a job.
So where does the love that casts out all fear come into play?
I love God and He loves me.
I must remind myself that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him.
As I stand in that promise and trust Him, the fear that I have melts away.
What difficulties are you facing today?
Is it something too big for God?
Surrender your fears to Him and know the love He has for you will work through those difficulties.
Remember that we are told that perfect love drives out fear.
We are never promised that perfect love drives out problems.  
Instead, bring those problems to the one who loves you and trust that He will see you through each and every one of them.
In closing, let me repeat some often mentioned words in scripture:
Fear not and Be not afraid!

No comments: