Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yackety-Yack – A Wallet That Talks Back?



“May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
Psalm 19:14


Here’s a thought for you that may seem a bit far –fetched but stay with me for a moment. Suppose your wallet or purse had the ability to speak.
Would the words it speaks contradict what is coming out
of your mouth or would they confirm it?
Perhaps a paraphrase of our verse for today could be written like this:

May these words of my mouth and this declaration of my wallet
be comparable in your ears, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I know the paraphrase may sound a bit silly.
The truth is we believers are often more boastful than our giving would confirm.
One statistic shared this past Sunday at ‘His Place’ was this: If every one in America who claims to be a follower of Christ would tithe it would generate another $94,000,000,000.00 for the Kingdom of god.
That is ninety-four BILLION dollars that is not currently being given that would flow into the work of God.
Back to the talking wallet for a moment.
Does your ‘wallet speech’ match your ‘mouth speech’?
Put in more familiar terms: Do you put your money where your mouth is?
Put in more biblical terms: Do you put your money where your heart is?
Well, yes you do!
How you spend your money is a pretty
accurate indication of what your hearts intentions are!
Today, if you have found your wallet contradicting your words, reconsider what it means to make Him LORD of all (including LORD of your giving) and commit to walk in obedience by worshipping Him with your giving.

No comments: