Friday, April 9, 2021

Discovering His Love

 

“And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect.

So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face

him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.”

I John 4:17 (NLT)


 

Who wants a more perfect love growing in their lives?

We find the answer to how that can happen in the same verse that offers the promise.

We are told to “…live in God…” and to “…live like Jesus…”.

That’s easy enough, right?

Actually, it is impossible apart from abiding in Christ and being filled

with the Holy Spirit.

We were challenged a while back to spend some time each day discovering God’s love for us.

Discovery is an active process.

I set about to ‘find out’ something.

“Columbus sailed the ocean blue;

in fourteen hundred ninety two...”

Remember that little ditty from grade school?

Columbus “set out to find” something – a new trade route – and in the process discovered a “new world” and a “round globe”!

Are you setting out to “find” Gods’ love today?

Are you being intentional and active in discovering how much and in what ways His love is demonstrated to you?

When I abide in Christ, when I am filled with His Spirit the blessing of His love are abundant and evident; but I must make them appreciated.

As I acknowledge His care, His provision, His love for me there is a peace and confidence that comes to me so that I am no longer afraid of that Judgment Day we all will face.

I am growing perfect in His love and we are told that perfect love casts out all fear!

Are you actively discovering His love for you?

Are you finding out each and every day how much you are loved?

Is that love growing and being perfected in you?

Live in God.

Live Like Jesus.

Abide in Him.

Be filled with His Spirit.

No comments: