Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Be courageous



Today's blog post is contributed by Denise Friedman


Yesterday we were standing on the threshold of what God has planned for us.  We found ourselves at the door, which has been opened for us.  Some may be ready, willing and able to take that step across the threshold into whatever God has planned.  That is great! 

Some of us may be a little hesitant.  We might be unsure, not because we don’t trust our Father to give us good gifts, but because we are not confident in our ability, or in exactly what this new endeavor will  look like.  God may be asking us to sacrifice something which quite frankly, we may not be ready to consider letting go of at this time.  We sincerely want to follow Holy Spirit’s guidance, but maybe we are frozen, kind of like when you have a dream you are being chased and your legs won’t move.

My prayer for all of us in this place is that God will fill us with the courage we need to take that first step.  Courage to confidently step out of our comfort zone and into something completely unknown to us.  Courage to leave behind whatever it is God is saying needs to be out of lives in order for us to move ahead.  Courage to just say “Yes Lord, use me!”

If you find yourself in this group needing courage today, I encourage you to pray this prayer with me, “Heavenly Father, I thank you for showing me what my next step is.  Lord, I ask today for you to fill me with your courage so I am able to accomplish all that you have planned for me.  God, I need courage because what you are asking me to do is so big, I know I cannot accomplish this on my own.  Thank you for your faithfulness to use me to move Heaven on earth!  I ask this in the name of your precious son, Jesus – amen!”

No comments: