Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Choose What is Most Important

“I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet];
 but one thing I do
 [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.”
Philippians 3:13-14
 
 
“…but one thing I do…”
What has God put you on the earth to do?
You might say that God has put you and me on the earth to do one thing.
As the question goes – “How’s that working out for you?”
Are there things you may need to lay aside in order to accomplish the ‘one thing’?
Likewise, are there things you may need to pick up in order to complete
the race laid out for you?
Think about it.
There are things you are doing that you should not be doing and there are things you are not doing that you should be doing in the pursuit of the course God has planned for your life.
That begs a question – Do you know what Gods’ plans are for you?
Have you spent time in His presence getting your marching orders?
Paul knew. That is why he could declare: “…I have finished the race…”.
Jesus certainly knew and some of His last words made that evident as
He declared – “It is finished.”
I may have written this before in the blog but it is worth repeating –
I once – in prayer – said to the Lord – “Father – I want to hear those words ‘Well done, good and faithful servant…’ as I enter into my reward”
Without missing a beat I heard the Spirit of the Lord say to me (I sensed His love in these words and not condemnation or anger) “There are some words I need to hear from you for that to happen”.
Of course I asked what they were and He simply said: “It is finished.”
God has a work for me to do on the earth.
God has a work for you to do on the earth.
What are you doing today that brings you closer to being
able to make your words to Him – it is finished?
Are you choosing today what is most important?

No comments: