Monday, June 9, 2014

A Destination in Mind!

“I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet];
 but one thing I do
 [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.”
Philippians 3:13-14
 
I don’t know who said it but an oft quoted statement goes something like this:
“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there.”
Paul, in the verses penned above, was not moving blindly through life.
He had direction and he had a goal that he was straining forward and pressing on to.
Paul was not traveling down bunny trails.
His time on earth was not spent on aimless wandering down paths that lead to nowhere.
Nor should ours!
God has a plan for your life.
I know that may not be news to many of you but do you know His plan?
Are you pressing on toward that goal?
‘Any’ road won’t take you there.
Some will be in an opposite direction.
In may be time to recalibrate the heavenly GPS!
Ask God each day how you can press on toward the goal set for you.
Paul says: “I press on…” but that singular “I” becomes a plural “us” later in the verse.
“…Jesus is calling us upward…”
Are you listening for His upward call to your life?
Be still, ask Him and then listen
He is calling you upward…
He is bringing direction…
He is making clear the path laid out for you!
 

No comments: