Thursday, August 1, 2013

God Wants to Use ‘Little ole Me’?

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:12-14
 
Let’s talk about change.
I want to give you an example of a radical change.
Are you ready for it?
Lazarus went from being dead to being alive.
It wasn’t through modern 1st Century medicine.
It wasn’t through endless counseling.
It wasn’t even through the prayer-filled-faith of friends and family.
Jesus called him, by name, out of the grave!
But wait a minute…
…there was a promise Jesus made concerning His followers.
He said they will do “even greater things than these…”
Let that sink in.
Remember the convincing proof I spoke of yesterday?
Do you think raising the dead in Jesus name might convince a few skeptics?
Now here’s the real challenge.
He wants to use everybody, not just somebody!
Yep, I know you’ve heard that before.
It’s true.
He wants to use you!
Can you enlarge your vision?
Can you believe God to do, in you, what He wants to do?
Are you convinced He wants your life to be the proof He is alive today?
He does!
God wants to use you to radically change someone’s opinion about Him when they see the greater works done in you and through you!
Note: Today begins year three of this blog.
I hope it has served to minister to each and every one who reads it whether once or on a regular basis. It has been, and continues to be; a way to amplify what God is saying and doing at His Place each Sunday.
 I continue to invite your feedback and comments.
Thank you to each of you.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Thank you Pastor Steve for your wonderful blog each day. Your encouragement faith and outpour of wisdom is a blessing to all of us.

Lois said...

Thank you Pastor Steve for your blog each day. Your outpour of hope faith and wisdom as you advance His kingdom on the earth is a blessing to all of us.