Monday, May 13, 2013

“I Have Indeed Seen…”

“The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.”
Exodus 3:7-8
 
The “my people” God spoke of were the Children of Israel.
The children of the promise made to their Father Abraham.
Those whom God loved were in bondage.
America is in bondage.
There is a crying out to God from those in bondage in America.
God hears.
How does He respond?
Your view of God may impact how you answer that question.
Some say God responds with great delight in judging America.
They speak of a God who thinks to Himself:
“At last I can crush those who have forgotten me.
I can destroy those who delighted in disobeying me.”
Make no mistake – there is a judgment that God will bring to all who reject Him.
But to think that God is sitting in heaven rubbing His hands together with glee at the prospect of eternal punishment for those He has created is to tragically miss who God is.
My bible tells me in II Corinthians 7:10 that
“Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret,
but worldly sorrow brings death.”
Understand that God sees the misery of His people in America.
We, like the Children of Israel, are in bondage and God delights, not in crushing us, but to set His us free.
Jesus spoke of it when, in Luke 4:18-19, he quoted Isaiah Chapter 61
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,
   to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
How will God use you?
Has He anointed you to proclaim good news or bad?
Are you anointed for proclaiming freedom or bondage?
Are you anointed to see the blind healed or to see them remain in physical and spiritual blindness?
The Great Commission, which as far as I know has not been rescinded, was to carry the Good News of the Gospel into all the world and make disciples.
Are you walking in that commission?

No comments: