Monday, April 29, 2013

Intimate Fellowship

 “…show me your face,
let me hear your voice…”
Song of Songs 2:14b
 
An honorable husband or wife would not broadcast to the world the details of their intimate times together.
They love and respect their spouse.
Some things are meant to remain sacred between the two of them.
So too, there are times of intimate fellowship between a body of believers and the Lord
To try to communicate to others who were not there is almost to profane the sanctity of that time.
God, in His love and grace ministered to us on Sunday even as we worshipped Him.
It is enough to say He met us there in sweet communion and ministered to individuals with hope, encouragement and direction.
I suppose I could say: “You had to be there”, but the truth is the moment has passed.
Here’s the really good news though – God is waiting for you to draw near to Him and He promises He will draw near to you.
You don’t need a crowd, a “church” building or even three songs and a message.
You only need a hunger for God.
He will meet you in that place of hunger and thirst and satisfy your soul.
If I missed our corporate time of worship but am truly hungering for God, He will meet me in my place of hunger.
He will satisfy the thirsting of my soul.
While this is certainly not an excuse to absence yourself from the fellowship of the saints, it is important that we grow to understand how much God wants that intimate fellowship with us whether we are ‘in a crowd’ or at a solitary place.
Will you draw near in intimate worship today?

No comments: