Monday, February 18, 2013

Finding My Place in Gods’ Plans

The chief of the Temple police and the high priests were puzzled...”
Acts 5:24 (Message)
 
 Suppose I asked you to put a puzzle together.
Let’s say it is a 500 piece puzzle.
Oh, by the way – I don’t have a box or a picture of the finished puzzle for you to look at.
Makes it a little bit tougher, doesn’t it?
Let me help you out – I can tell you what it is supposed to be.
Does that help?
Suppose I had the ability to accurately describe the shape of each piece and the unique markings on that piece, also describing in the same way a piece that it fits into.
Then if you listened to me, you might be able to make some progress with the puzzle.
God has a plan for your life Mr., Mrs or Miss Individual Puzzle Piece.
You know that.
But He also has a plan for all of His creation.
How do you fit into that plan?
Do you know how to capitalize on His purposes for you within that bigger plan?
In other words, where do you fit in?
I suggest we learn from the puzzle-maker.
I suggest we yield to Him as He places us into His greater plans.
We all know what its’ like to try to put a piece into a puzzle that “almost-but-not-quite” fits.
We can force it but it just isn’t where it is supposed to be.
I want to be where God needs me to be.
I want to do what God has created me to do.
I want to fulfill His purposes.
I want to fit where He has purposed me to be – not forced, but a perfect fit.
How about you?
Let’s look this week together at discovering how we do that.
Its need not be puzzling!

No comments: