Wednesday, May 12, 2021

 

Nip it in the Bud!

 

 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”

Ephesians 4:29

 

Suppose we had the ability to review every word you have ever spoken.

I mean from your very first “Ma-ma” as a baby until the words you uttered just moments ago.

Now, let’s further suppose that we could then separate out two distinct groups of words.

We would take every word expressing gratitude and every word of complaint.

Now place those words on a scale.

You know the kind that blind justice holds in her hands –

Yes, you’ve figured out where I am going with this.

So how would you fare?

Would the scales balance out?

It is something to consider.

We were challenged recently to consider our complaining and the impact it has on us, on others and how God responds to it.

If you are like me you can use some work in that area.

I asked the Holy Spirit to help me, in the words of Barney Fife,

 “nip it in the bud”

when I am tempted to complain.

Can you guess the type of week I am experiencing? LOL!

Every opportunity to complain just keeps presenting itself.

I’d like to tell you I’m batting a thousand but then I wouldn’t be telling the truth.

What I want to encourage you with today is to move in the right direction.

Be aware of your words especially any complaining.

Ask the Holy Spirit to bring it to your attention so that you can

“Nip it in the bud!”

 

 

No comments: