Thursday, February 7, 2019

The All Important Question


“But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace...my immediate response, was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. They only heard the report: “the man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

And they praised God because of me.”

Galatians 1:15-24 selected






“...my immediate response, was not to consult any human being...”

We have been looking at the question:

Do you want to know God’s plan for your life?

Previously we said it was important to start with a recognition of God in your life and the realization that He has a plan and purpose for you to fulfil.

That recognition and realization brings us to our third step: your response.

Paul said it so well.

His response was immediate.

And equally important, his response was to God.

We are prone to seek out others and get their opinions.

Counsel can be beneficial but ultimately we owe our response to the very one who has called us.

It is easy, at this step, to do anything and everything but respond to God.

We can procrastinate, we can deliberate, we can compromise and argue.

All too avoid a response.

Why?

Usually because we fear Gods’ plan will require us to do something or go somewhere we don’t want.

We forget that His plans for us are good.

They give us a future and a hope.

Soo how will you respond to Gods’ plan for your life?

That is the all important question!




No comments: