Friday, February 8, 2019

Retreat


“But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace...my immediate response, was not to consult any human being. I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. They only heard the report: “the man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.”

And they praised God because of me.”

Galatians 1:15-24 selected







You’ve recognized that God is invested in your future.

You’ve realized He has a plan and a purpose for your life.

You’ve responded to Him that you desire to walk in what He has for you.

Now it’s time to retreat.

That’s right, retreat!

Alone time with God is the next step.

Our lives are filled with distractions and commotion.

We need to slip away to a place where we can focus on hearing His voice.

Can God’s voice thunder if He chooses to?

Of course, but the intimate relationship He desires with each of us is best realized in the whisper of the Spirits’ voice and not in a shout.

Let God know of your sincere desire to hear Him by investing in the time to do just that.

Retreat from the hubbub to the stillness and listen.

He will speak to the one who seeks Him.

It’s time to retreat!


No comments: