Tuesday, December 18, 2018

My Feelings are Hurt!


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.

I do not give to you as the world gives.

Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

John 14:27





Peace is defined as a persons’ inner sense of contentment, comfort, trust and quietness, regardless of the surrounding circumstances they are facing.



We live in a world of offended people.

It is so easy to be offended.

It almost seems like a national pastime lately to see what can offend someone.

Your work, your boss, your spouse, maybe even your paycheck have offended you.

Just turn on the news and listen; people are offended by Christmas songs and greeting, by statues honoring heroes in history.

I know, I know, there are as many ‘legitimate’ reasons for offense as there are offenses.

But what quality of life is it when we go through it always hurt by what someone else said or did.

How do you develop a thicker skin?

How do you become ‘unoffendable’?

“Those who love Your law have great peace; Nothing makes them stumble.” Psalm 119:165 Amp

Did you catch that?

Nothing, that is, N-O   T-H-I-N-G makes them stumble.

NADA

When we immerse ourselves and are in love with the Word of God and not in all the noise around us we build a thicker skin.

We are no longer offended by every little (or big) thing.  


No comments: