Thursday, December 13, 2018

If Only I...


“The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].”

John 10:10 Amplified

 


If only I...

...were married

...were single again

...had a different job

...didn’t live in this town

...could choose my boss.

Have you ever said “...if only...”

Sure, I think we probably all have.

But what does living in a dream world of “if only” do for our present circumstances?

Not much!

It saps the energy and joy out of life in the here and now.

God wants us to have dreams, plans, purpose and vision.

But He doesn’t delight in us living in the “only ifs” so that our joy in the present moments is lost.

Jesus said he came so that we could have and enjoy life.

Set the ‘if only’s’ aside and enjoy the moment God has given you today.






No comments: