Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Seeing the Father


“I am sending you to them to open their eyes

and turn them from darkness to light,

and from the power of Satan to God,

so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and

a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.”

Acts 26:17b-18







Maybe this happens to you too but regularly when I read the Word of God I run smack dab into some words that convict me to my core.

They grab hold of me in ways that other passages do not and will not let go.

The words of Jesus below are an example:

“Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.”

I have read those words many times and each time I am challenged to make them my own.

Ouch – do you see what I mean?

Oh, I know what you’re thinking –

“Those are red letter words, words reserved for Jesus!”

If only it were that easy to walk away from them.

But aren’t we each called to be a reflection of His image?

Was Jesus speaking only on His behalf or were His words also a commission and invitation to you and me?

I know some people will scratch their heads and say:

“Stephen, I’ve seen you many times and I hope that is not what God ‘looks like’”.

All I can say is: guilty as charged.

Sometimes I miss the mark.

But missing the mark does not take away the value and importance of it.

We each should have as a goal in our lives to show others the Father.

When you fail, humbly admit to it and maybe you can use that opportunity to tell others that while you and I may fail, He never does!

I, like you, am a work in progress.

A work of His hands.

Let others see His work in you.

Don’t be afraid to own your failures because God can use those as well.

Let others see the Father in you.

No comments: