Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Is God Always Good?


“Surely your goodness and love will follow
me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
Psalm 23:6


God is good.
How many times have you heard that expression?
Do you believe it is true?
No, no, I mean really?
It is easy to answer yes but it is a bit tougher to live life like we believe it all the time!
Your spouse just got some terrible medical news – do you still believe it?
The job you thought was custom made for you was just given to someone else – do you still believe it?
Is God still good?
You face bankruptcy or worse.
How can God be good when all these things are happening to you?
How can I trust in His goodness when I am crushed beneath my circumstances?
By knowing that His love and His goodness toward us do not change even when my circumstances are dire.
Yes, we will face some very dire circumstances in life.
During those times God does not cease to be God nor does His goodness end.
Lay your head on your pillow tonight with the confident assurance that whatever the last twenty-four hours of your life has been like – God is still good – all the time!

No comments: