Friday, January 24, 2014

When It Comes to God’s Promises, Be a Pit Bull

Today's blog was contributed by David Trotta


Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1)

Many times in the past, my wife has asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  Once I revealed to her what I wanted (along with a realistic price tag, of course), I knew with a great deal of confidence that come my birthday, I would be in possession of that new tool or latest gadget (I love tools and gadgets!).

I had complete faith that I would receive what I asked for, even though I could not see it at the moment.  I knew it would be mine as soon as the words left my mouth.  Why?  Because I knew my wife loved me and wanted to grant me the desires of my heart.

Given that God is perfectly faithful and His resources and love for us is unlimited, how much more so should we be confident that when God promises us something (either through scripture or personal revelation), we can be certain He will bring it to pass.

Don’t let anything deter you from standing on that belief.  Be persistent.  Don’t look at your circumstances, but on God’s promises.  Dig those heels in and refuse to believe anything else.  As thoughts of unbelief come to challenge God’s promise, immediately dismiss them.  Show them the exit door of your mind. 

Pit bulls have a pretty intimidating reputation for being a strong and powerful animal.  They are especially known for their enormous jaw strength.  They are notorious for not releasing their bite, even if they are severely wounded.  They are an extremely persistent animal.

When it comes to God’s promises, choose to be a pit bull.  Don’t let go until you have what God promised you.  Sure, the enemy will shoot those fiery darts of unbelief, but when he does, hold up that shield of faith to keep those thoughts from penetrating your mind, and then grab a hold of that promise God whispered to your heart and never let go.

No comments: