Friday, December 20, 2013

He Calls You Friend

With the 'busyness' of the season it is especially important to remember our friendship with Christ. Let the message of this blog shared by Dave Trotta speak that truth to you today.

“I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” (John 15:15)

What comes to mind when you think of a friend?  I think of someone I will quickly recognize in a crowd.  Someone, whose company I enjoy.  When I think of a friend, thoughts of fondness spring up in my heart.  A friend is someone I can rely on in time of need.  They are welcomed in my home and at my dinner table.  A friend is someone who I have given special access into my personal life.

As friends, we have a special place in the heart of Jesus. You are not just an acquaintance (although we sometimes treat Him like that).  He has feelings of affection and personal regard for you.  He is fond of you and enjoys your company.  You are His confidant and He wants to tell you deep and wonderful secrets from His Father’s heart.

I am reminded of a popular worship song:

Who am I that You are mindful of me?
That You hear me when I call
Is it true that You are thinking of me?
How you Love me
It's Amazing

I am a friend of God
He calls me friend

What a privilege!!  You are a friend of the King of Kings, the creator of the universe!  Let that truth sink deep into your heart and cause you to draw close to Him.  He is waiting for His friend.
 

No comments: