Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Are Your Thoughts Rich Toward God?

“He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’”
Luke 12:17
 

 
Let me quote something from the Pastor this past Sunday morning and as you read it consider what your first thoughts are:
“Your life is the evidence of your thoughts and revelations about God.”
So, be honest, what were your first thoughts?
Did you think, “Yikes, I’m in big trouble!”
Or did you think, “Wow, I’m so glad for my renewed mind!”
Well, for most of us we probably fell somewhere in between those two extreme thoughts.
Our thought life cannot be detached from who we are.
Perhaps even more telling, our thought life cannot be detached from who we are becoming.
Take the time and read the entire passage from Luke 12:13-21
As you do, consider the outcome of the rich man’s thought life.
You will see how it impacted the actions he took and ultimately his eternal destiny.
There is an old ‘bumper sticker adage that seems apropos here:
“Sew Where You Want To Go”
While it is most often expressed concerning our finances I think you will agree that it is equally true of our thought life.
Want to be more like God?
Trashy novels (or even ‘good’ novels at the expense of time in God’s Word) won’t get you there!
 David, speaking to God in Psalm 13 said:
“Test me and know my anxious thoughts.”
God can and will do that for each of us.
Ask Him to reveal, by His Holy Spirit, any of your thoughts that do not honor Him.
As He does – and He will – ask Him to help you to think on those things that will honor Him!
When you do – you are on your way to a transformed mind!

No comments: