Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Imperfect You and the Imperfect Me


“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”

Ephesians 3:20




“...His power that is at work within us...”

“...His power....”

Stop and think about that for a minute.

It does not say – your power.

That is power that has no limit.

It is the same power that raised Christ from the dead that is working in you.

If any limit is found in it, it is only because we fail to surrender to His power.

To think that we could stifle the work of God in our life; why would we do such a thing?

In many cases it is because we just don’t believe that His power is even at work in us.

We think we know ourselves all too well.

How could God work in me?

You don’t know how imperfect I am.

Why just a little while ago I...

Hold it!

Does the scripture declare God will only work in those who are perfect?

Of course it doesn’t.

Yet that is how we live our lives.

Someday when I am a better person God can use me.

Oh really.

I didn’t know the work of the cross and the resurrection of Christ was dependent on your behavior.

When I’m good it applies and when I’m not, it just is unable to overcome my mistakes.

If that were true then none of us could ever be used by God.

His power is at work in us, sometimes in spite of us.

Don’t reduce the work of Christ to only being effective when you are on your best behavior!

God’s power is at work in the imperfect you and the imperfect me.






No comments: