Thursday, April 11, 2019

Death and Life


“Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.”

Romans 6:8




Death and life.

Both are found in Christ.

What do I mean to say that death is found in Christ?

We are to die to ourselves and live for Him.

Even the act of dying to self cannot be done apart from Christ.

I need Him in order to die to self.

You see, I usually don’t want to die.

My flesh wants to be satisfied.

I suspect yours does to.

That is where the power of God must step in to enable me.

His strength for my weakness.

My death to self in order that I might have life in Him – and live for Him!

So He helps me die in order that I can truly live.

The man who truly dies to self is the one who discovers the abundant life Jesus promised.

Death and life.

Both are needful.

Have you died to self today and are you living for Him?


No comments: