Monday, May 1, 2017

Desperation


“Listen to my cry,

    for I am in desperate need;

rescue me from those who pursue me,

    for they are too strong for me.”

Psalm 142:6


 



Most people will never walk on water until their ship sinks.

Before you get too upset with me understand that I include myself in that group.

Funny how much we fear desperation and yet time and time again desperation drew the attention of the Lord.

A woman was desperate enough to push through the crowd just to touch the hem of His garment.

Some men were desperate enough to break up a roof and lower their friend into the room where Jesus was.

Blind Bartimaus was desperate enough to call out to Jesus when others wanted him silent.

In each case their desperation led to acts of faith.

That faith was rewarded.

Perhaps you find yourself in a place of desperation.

It can draw you into greater levels of faith or it can cause fear to cripple you.

Just as He did in the lives of the people mentioned above, He will do for you.

When desperation draws you to a greater place of faith, God is waiting for you on the other side.

Don’t let it drive you to fear, let it draw you to greater faith.


No comments: