Friday, November 18, 2016

Look, no hands!




Today’s blog post is contributed by David Trotta:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

At work the other day, I had a significant task that needed to be completed and I was worried it wouldn’t get done on time.  After expressing concern to my co-worker, she turned to me and said “Trust me.  I will make sure it gets done.”

It was a big relief to hear those words, but I still couldn’t stop worrying about the work actually being completed.

We do the same thing with God.  He asks us to trust Him, but we struggle to release the reins.  We say we trust him, but our restless heart and constant worrying say otherwise.

Trust and a peaceful heart go hand in hand.  If we say we trust God, but continue to worry about something going wrong or not turning out as we think it should, then we are not truly releasing the situation into God hands.

This is especially true when we are going through a difficult time. We worry and fret.  We work frantically to try and control the outcome, but all along God is whispering “trust me.”

As long as we keep our hands on the wheel of our lives, we limit what God can do.

Are you going through a tough time at the moment?  Do you sense God challenging you to trust Him?

Stop trying to steer your situation. Take both hands off the wheel.

I promise, you will be glad you did.

No comments: